Transfer Students

A transfer student has graduated high school or its equivalent and completed 12 or more quarter or semester credits in college-level courses at a regionally accredited institution. College-level work means those courses that are applicable towards at least an associate degree and does not include remedial or developmental courses. Students who previously attended MSU-Northern and are returning after attending another institution should refer to the Former NMC/MSU-Northern Students section.

Academic Eligibility

Applicants will be considered for admission based on transferable credits from all regionally accredited colleges or universities previously attended. As determined by the Admissions Office, a 2.0 (or C) cumulative transferable GPA (on a 4.0 scale) is required in order to be accepted for admission in good academic standing. Transfer students start with a new GPA upon enrolling at MSU-Northern.

Students who do not meet the 2.0 cumulative transferable GPA are still encouraged to apply for admissions and submit the necessary credentials. MSU-Northern will examine each student's credentials on a case-by-case basis for admissibility. Some students who do not meet the requirements may be admitted on scholastic probation and will need to earn a 2.0 or higher GPA during the first term attended at MSU-Northern to be placed in good academic standing.